Today we did a few things, but to start out, we finalized the Social contract that we made on Day 1 (yesterday). After supervising our social contract and going over some rules again for the members that weren't here on day 1, we took a break and then we got onto our main topic for the morning, learning about different types of city governments
I personally felt like today was informative and eye opening in many ways, as it not only showed me how the county is taking care of major issues like infrastructure, public transportation, and health and finances, but it also showed me how they care about the people of Houston like the homeless and low-income workers, who came to the meeting and discussed their problems. I also realized how oblivious I was about our city government officials, like Abbie Kamen, and even how our system works, with the city-council controlling funds, and the Mayor presenting a possible budget, kind of like the federal system. Overall, the day was great and interesting, especially after being recognized by the Houston city Council was a highlight.



Comments
Post a Comment